The symposium caters to both practitioners and academics. For this purpose, the format of the submissions is divided into two categories, with different submission requirements. Tutorial, workshop and special session submissions adhere to the following directions as well. Please carefully read the Author Instructions listed here to ensure an accurate submission.
- These are short papers presenting practical ideas, real cases, and practical achievements.
- For this category, authors should submit an extended abstract of at least 200 words total.
- The descriptive abstract should summarize the scope of the paper and the primary results and findings, emphasizing new advances, theories and/or applications so that the program committee will be able to understand the originality and the value of the work.
- The abstract for practitioners must include a descriptive outline of the proposed paper.
- These are long manuscripts addressing novel ideas, theoretical issues, technology, methodology, and applications.
- For this category, authors should submit either the full manuscript (up to 8 pages in length), or, alternatively, an extended abstract of at least four (4) pages.
- A clear statement of contribution is required.
- The papers should also include an introduction, background, theory, a discussion of the validation and results, and a literature survey.
Submissions of both categories – Submit your work through EDAS
All papers and abstracts should be submitted electronically to the EDAS IEEE ISSE 2022 submission portal here. To simplify abstract slotting to Tracks, authors will be limited to selecting one Topic area only from the listing on the Call for Papers. If the abstract does not fit any of the topic areas listed, there will be an “other” option.
Submissions shorter than the minimum listed for their respective categories will be automatically rejected. The work should summarize the scope of the paper and explicitly include the primary results and findings, emphasizing new advances, theories and/or applications so that the program committee will be able to understand the originality and the value of the work. A submission implies willingness to register and present the work if the extended or descriptive abstract is accepted for presentation at the symposium.
Manuscripts will be reviewed by the Technical Program Committee. All authors of accepted extended abstracts must submit the full paper version by August 30, 2022, register for the symposium, and attend to present their papers. The maximum length for final papers is 8 pages without exceptions.
*The maximum length for final papers is 8 pages without exceptions.
**Accepted Papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library and indexed by EI/Compendex.
Each lead author must visit the EDAS web site and establish an account with a username and password. If you already have an EDAS account, please log into EDAS and follow the Submission of Practitioner and Academic Abstracts and Papers Instructions below. To create an account in EDAS, follow these instructions:
- Visit the IEEE ISSE 2022 Submission Portal (www.edas.info) and click the New Users link.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. *It is very important that your name and affiliation associated with your EDAS account are correct and match the name and affiliation that will be listed on your paper. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button. [note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
- You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS IEEE ISSE 2022 Submission Portal (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your username, password and ID number for later reference.
Submission of Practitioner and Academic Abstracts & Papers
To submit your work, please login to the IEEE ISSE 2022 Submission Portal and follow these steps:
- Click here to be taken to the IEEE ISSE 2022 Submission Portal
- Click on the Track in which you want to submit your work. The options will be: Academic Submissions, Practitioner Submissions, Special Session Submissions, and Tutorial & Workshop Submissions.
- Type in the title of the work, and a brief abstract of the work. This is simply for quick reference for reviewers, and not your full PDF of the work.
- Then select the topic area your paper falls under best. [note: This will help in choosing the reviewers. The PDF of your abstract or draft paper will be uploaded later]
- Click the Submit button.
- On the next page you will see a large green check mark and a statement that the paper (or abstract) was recorded.
- EDAS uses the term Manuscript to refer to the PDF form of your extended or descriptive abstract submission.
- The last row says Review Manuscript, and has an icon of a yellow folder next to it. Click on this icon, and then you can upload the PDF of your abstract or paper on the next page.
- You can also upload the file by clicking the My Papers tab at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your work. The upload icon (third column from the right) will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload the abstract file via the web or via FTP.
IEEE Copyright Notice
If an author would like to post their papers electronically on any web site, any ftp site, or any other electronic dissemination technique, they must include the IEEE Copyright notice on the initial screen displaying the IEEE-copyrighted material. Additional information is available here.